For the first time in years, I am ending the year with a strong sense that next year will be great. Here’s why:
- I just left my office for the last time. I resigned. I’m done there, forever!
- Next week I start at a new job that I am very excited about!
- The new job is in mobile marketing – technology and services – a rapidly growing, changing industry with a strong NYC base.
- The new job is at a 5 year old tech startup, with an atmosphere that is on the other end of the spectrum from the office environment I just left and in which I had such a hard time.
- After just 3 meetings I feel more comfortable with my new coworkers than some my current ones.
- I will work with technology that I am new to and learn more about using regular expressions.
- The company is small and thirsty for innovative, driven people.
- I get to dress casually most days – even jeans. I will feel like me again!
- My husband just increased his freelance rate by 20% and the main client said sure.
- My skating students are doing well and I’m loving coaching them.
- My own health has improved. I’ve lost around 25 pounds in the last year, and dropped my low density (“bad”) cholesterol by 50 points down to a healthy range.
- After over 3 years of hard work, perseverance, and sacrifice, we launched the beta of our website!!!
(due to pseudonymity I won’t link to our website here, but email me if you want to know what it is)
Our work is paying off. We’re going to have a great year!
On top of the long view, I’m psyched for the weekend because my brother is visiting, he gave us a Kinect for Christmas which is very fun (and generally amazing), and I’m on holiday until I start the new job next Wednesday. Time to celebrate!